From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] is multi-core really worth it?
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 14:35:06
1 On 22/11/17 14:11, Tsukasa Mcp_Reznor wrote:
2 >
3 > You won't get build failures or dependency problems, portage is built to
4 > handle emerging multiple packages that do not depend on each other
5 > simultaneously.
6 > it will not ever build a dependency and the main program at the same time.
7
8 Are you sure?
9
10 You *shouldn't* get problems, but I'm sure I have hit that problem, and
11 I think it's down to buggy ebuilds.
12
13 Starting the emerge again fixes it, because cocked-up dependencies will
14 sort themselves out first time round, and the second time the problem
15 has gone away.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Wol