From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kwin-4.1 sometimes leaves konsole undecorated
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 07:11:03
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Yes, it's bleeding-edge :-) This is in an effort to get some
4 > performance out
5 > of what should be a very decent video card. It also eats
6 > babies, or more often
7 > the window decorations on konsole.
8
9 I've had a similar issue ("similar" in that it was not exclusive to
10 konsole) and tracked it down to having the KDE_IS_PRELINKED env var set
11 while KDE was actually *not* prelinked. So check if that's the case on
12 your system.
13
14 PS:
15 Give Yakuake a try; it doesn't even need a decorator. I only recently
16 discovered it and after using it for a few minutes I even went as far as
17 trying to unmerge Konsole ;)