From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kde - limit an icon to a single desktop
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 22:48:48
1 In <20061231130911.GA5640@×××××××××.ca>,
2 Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > Most people complain that KDE allows too much user configurability
5 > (smile). Assuming KDE 3.5.5 (or fairly recent),
6
7 It is KDE 3.5.5. After install, I looked through all the control center
8 options, and I was impressed -- it's still a lot, but it seems much more
9 understandable than the last time I had a look, c. 3.2.x.
10
11 > open the KDE Control Centre, goto Desktop -> Behaviour -> General
12 > -> Mouse Button Actions ; opposite the button of your choice ( R for
13 > you ) open the list & choose 'Custom Menu 1', which lights up the
14 > corresponding 'edit' button; click on that to get 'menu editor',
15 > click 'new' for 'choose application' & finally enter "apwal" in the
16 > entry box; click 'ok' there & 'apply' back in the KDE Control Centre
17 > display & it should work.
18
19 Heh, I did do that before settling on xbindkeys. Opening a menu to
20 then launch apwal was too much clicking for me. ;) When I am using the
21 mouse, my left hand is usually hanging out near the ctrl key anyway, so
22 binding to ctrl+rtclick is more comfortable than I though it would be.
23
24 > 'apwal' is a joke by its French creator: 'à poil' =
25 > 'bareback' (riding).
26
27 Aha, thanks. I think after a day of usage, I am now an apwal
28 evangelist, so that's good to know. Thanks for all your help.
31 »Q«
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list