From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sddm-0.16.0 does not work with plain openrc
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 08:38:01
1 On 14/10/2017 11:55, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On 14 October 2017 at 08:37, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
3 > <mailto:alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>> wrote:
4 >
5 > A quick heads-up to anyone who like me uses sddm on a plain openrc box
6 > with USE="-elogind -systemd" and upgrades to sddm-0.16.0 (recently
7 > released)
8 >
9 > That combination does not work. The xdm service starts, sddm launches,
10 > logs a message that doesn't look too ominous and then does ... nothing.
11 > No sddm, No X-Server. Very confusing, took me a while to solve.
14 > That's interesting. This combination works just fine here. Installed
15 > 0.16.0 Wednesday, rebooted Thursday, sddm worked as normal.
16 > USE="consolekit pam -elogind -systemd"
17
18 The gentoo bug shows that the problem is a function defined in elogind
19 that should also be in consolekit but isn't. So obviously there's
20 something additional going on.
21
22 Your USE for sddm is "-elogind" true enough, do you maybe have elgind
23 installed anyway for some other reason?
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com