From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 21:49:36
1 On 2007-04-05, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 19:52:28 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> > Only if you're installing via SSH,
5 >>
6 >> Which is how I do all my installs.
7 >
8 > Even the first?
9
10 Yup.
11
12 >> > A VC is always available, an xterm is usually available, so it makes
13 >> > sense to base defaults on a VC.
14 >>
15 >> I would pick a default that works for both, but I guess I'm
16 >> weird.
17 >
18 > There aren't many colours that display clearly on both black and white
19 > backgrounds :(
20
21 Thay's why using colors by default can be a problem.
24 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm dressing up in
25 at an ill-fitting IVY-LEAGUE
26 visi.com SUIT!! Too late...
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list