From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problems
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 11:39:16
1 Am 03.05.2014 13:26, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2 > Am 03.05.2014 13:19, schrieb J. Roeleveld:
3 >
4 >> Sounds like an issue with the mdadm-raid devices.
5 >> Try setting those up WITHOUT systemctl (or init.d-scripts)
6 >>
7 >> Then checking
8 >> - /proc/mdstat
9 >> - dmesg
10 >> - logging
11 >> Any of those might show an error.
12 >> Maybe ssh-in from a seperate machine to enable the raid-devices and have the
13 >> local machine show a "tail -f" of the logs to see what happens.
14 >>
15 >>> Maybe -> dracut ... tell it to assemble the arrays via kernel-option ...
16 >>> or maybe rebuild the initramfs (not so likely as it should boot with
17 >>> older kernels/initramfs then).
18 >>
19 >> Which mdadm metadata format did you use when creating them?
20 >> Only 1 or 2 support auto-detection and kernel-assembly
21 >
22 > "mdadm -A --scan" assembles both arrays correctly from within the
23 > emergency mode. Both arrays non-degraded and in sync.
24 >
25 > If I then try to change into the equivalent of runlevel 5, the system
26 > waits and waits again ..
29 >>> Yes, lunch .. thanks ;)
30 >>
31 >> 13:20, late lunch :)
32 >
33 > I am stressed by the fact that my main work machine doesn't work
34 > correctly and would prefer to have it fixed first.
35 >
36 > But yes, I should eat now.
37
38 rebuilt mdadm, lvm2 and dracut from within emergency mode and then
39 recompiled kernel and let dracut rebuild the initramfs.
40
41 Booted with "rd.auto=1" and now I also get a funny start job
42 running/waiting for /dev/sda1 (/ on the SSD).
43
44 Oh my! :-)
45
46 pasta now.