From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hacking an ebuild
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:35:22
1 On Tuesday 19 June 2007, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > The devs seems to be busy. Also, I should have learn this some time
6 > ago anyway. There is a existing ebuild for JFFNMS, but, it is masked
7 > for amd64. Is there a guide I can follow to use an x86 ebuild and
8 > create an amd64 derivative ebuild? Since it uses php and other high
9 > level software, I would not think that this is a terrible difficult
10 > process....?
11 >
12 > If not, can somebody briefly itemized what needs to be done,
13 > in very general terms, to hack together an ebuild for amd64
14 > when one exist for x86?
15
16 I took a quick look inside the ebuils. Nothing there seems amd64
17 specific, so here's how I would proceed;
18
19 Create a user overlay in the usual place - $PORTDIR/local/
20 Copy the ebuild there as normal
21 modify KEYWORDS="~x86 ~amd64
22 Check that all the dependencies have amd64 ebuilds as well
23 emerge jffnms and see what happens
24
25 alan
29 Optimists say the glass is half full,
30 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
31 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
32
33 Alan McKinnon
34 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
35 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list