From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome, KDE applications and diacritical characters
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:55:32
1 Mick napisał(a):
2 > On Sunday 28 January 2007 14:14, Jan Stępień wrote:
3 >> When posting to international groups I
4 >> try to use to use UTF-8 to make
5 >> it accessible for everyone. However, over here in Poland most of my
6 >> friends and colleagues use ISO-8859-2 and it's
7 >> easier for us to use the
8 >> same encoding. And last but not the least, I don't believe that KDE
9 >> running in Polish has to use UTF-8.
10 >
11 > Why don't you try this in your /etc/locale.gen file and then
12 > run again running
13 > # locale-gen:
14
15 Because there must be a possibility of using KDE apps under Gnome with
16 ISO-8859-2. Enabling UTF-8 may be a solution, but it doesn't satisfy me.
17
18 By the way, I gave it a try but it doesn't work. I still have got those
19 rectangles instead of diacriticals.
20
21 Regards,
22 Jan Stępień