From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] environmental variables ?
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 23:53:02
1 On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 13:50 +0100, Dave S wrote:
2 > On Sunday 02 July 2006 12:40, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 02 July 2006 09:09, Dave S wrote:
4 > > > < HOME = /root
5 > > > ---
6 > > >
7 > > > > HOME = /home/vanda
8 > >
9 > > This is only a theory but could it be that one reads config files in /root
10 > > and the other in /home/vanda?
11 >
12 > The only related config I can find is for /etc/gksu.conf and thats not user
13 > dependent. I cant find any config relevent in /root or /home/vanda
14
15 you'll probably find its a gnome (or kde) theme that is causing the
16 issue, and the gnome (or kde) themes are stored in $HOME. Since you
17 usually don't log in graphically as root (which is usually good) you
18 don't have theme folders set up in root's home... am I making sense?!
19
20 try running `visudo` and commenting out the line:
21 Defaults env_reset
22
23 I don't know if gksudo uses this file, but if it does, your problem
24 should go away... If it does go away, then uncomment the line and do
25 something better like:
26
27 Defaults:yourname env_keep-=TERMCAP
28
29 HTH,
33 It's not reality that's important, but how you perceive things.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list