From: Ken Gypen <glider@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error when trying to emerge --update --deep --newuse world
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:13:15
1 Hi,
2
3 Just update your kernel to the latest version, and that will probably
4 pull udev in with it.
5
6 I don't know if you can just install udev, but the atom is called udev,
7 not udev-103
8
9 Regards
10
11 Shawn Singh schreef:
12 > Hey all,
13 >
14 > I installed Gentoo 2006.1.
15 >
16 > I ran either:
17 >
18 > emerge-webrsync // because I can't rsync through my company's firewall
19 >
20 > or
21 >
22 > emerge --update --deep world ... it revealed that I need portage
23 > needed updating ...
24 >
25 > so I:
26 >
27 > emerge portage ...
28 >
29 > I also installed mysql, php, apache and mediawiki. Mediawiki required
30 > me to set pcre mysql and session in my USE ... I only need to add
31 > mysql the other 2 were already there. After installing that software I
32 > wanted to update my system, so I ran
33 >
34 > emerge --update --deep --newuse world
35 >
36 > ... here's the info ...
37 >
38 > Error: the sys-apps/coldplug package conflicts with another package;
39 > the two packages cannot be installed on the same system
40 > together.
41 > ...
42 >
43 > I then did ...
44 >
45 > emerge --pretend --update --deep --newuse world > output_file
46 >
47 > followed by:
48 >
49 > grep blocks output_file
50 >
51 > [blocks B ] sys-apps/coldplug (is blocking sys-fs/udev-103)
52 >
53 > I can't emerge: sys-fs/udev-103 or udev-103 b/c that's not a valid
54 > package atom ...
55 >
56 > What do I need to do to resolve this?
57 >
58 > This installation is for a VM that I'm preparing for use at work.
59 > Currently I've got a standalone machine that this will be replacing
60 > ... that machine is running 2006.0. I've not tried to update it yet,
61 > and wanted to wait until I've migrated my mediawiki install from that
62 > 2006.0 machine to the new machine.
63 >
64 > Thanks,
65 >
66 > Shawn
67 >
68 > "Most problems go away if you just wait long enough. It might look
69 > like I'm standing motionless but I'm actively waiting for our problems
70 > to go away. I don't know why this works but it does."
71 > Scott Adams, Dilbert comic
74 Secretaris & PR SIN
77 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list