From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about difference between emerge --update world and emerge vigra
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:33:00
1 2008/9/30 Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>:
2 > Hi Daniel,
3 > I thought I would try your script but I get an error when I run it:-
4 > Uncaught exception from user code:
5 > Unrecognized character \xC2 at ./WorldCleanCheck line 29.
6 > at ./WorldCleanCheck line 29
7 > I do not know what \xC2 is
8 > Any ideas how to resolve this?
9 > Thanks for your time
10 > Paul
11
12 Thank you for testing my script! Maybe it needs some more work.
13 Can you send me your world file off-list, so I can try to reproduce
14 this error. I can not check it this week as I am away but next week I
15 will take a look at it. It looks like there is an entry in your world
16 file my script can not process. In line 29 from the error message the
17 script tries to remove the new-line after the world file entry, which
18 probably causes this problem.
19
20 Regards,
21