From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How long does "Verifying /usr/portage" take?
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 19:04:50
1 Now that the public key stuff is working again (knock on wood), I'm
2 curious if it's usual for an emerge --sync to take 10-15 minutes
3 longer than it used due to the "Verifying /usr/portage" step.
4
5 On some systems (with fewer packages installed) it only takes a minute
6 or less. But, on my "main" desktop system it takes 10-15 minutes every
7 time. During the verify step, the emerge process is only using about
8 5% of the CPU, and my system is running 80% or more idle.
11 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! TONY RANDALL! Is YOUR
12 at life a PATIO of FUN??
13 gmail.com