From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .tmp-unverified-download-quarantine
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 10:42:27
1 On 2020-01-13 11:17, Mick wrote:
2
3 >> I just noticed that there's a new stag3, from 2020/01/12 instead of
4 >> 2020/01/08 so - since this is a fresh install - I'm just going to start
5 >> from there.
6 > The portage tree is sync'ed to the portage tree mirrors. A newer fs snapshot
7 > won't include the tree itself, but it will include the new default fs
8 > locations for the portage directory.
11 Not sure what you mean ... you mean that the portage tree only comes in
12 with the emerge --sync?
13
14 A preliminary copy isn't in the stage3 tarball?
17 > I take it your gentoo portage tree is
18 > also owned by root:root in its default installation state?
19 >
20 Oh, I see you're right - I unpacked it though by cut&paste of the
21 command in the handbook (with -p, I'm sure).
22
23 Anyway, I  used a different sync and timed it more carefully: 1 1/4
24 hours for the --sync.  Completely from scatch.  Completely - only
25 lost+found and the tarball in the partition.  Using the stage3 that's 4
26 days newer.  I get the same result.
27
28 The minimal CD hasn't changed since the 8th.  Presumably lots of people
29 have used it since then ...
30
31 New hardware: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g, Asrock b450m mainboard.