From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SHOULD BE gnome-settings-daemon failed]
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:57:36
1 gOn Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I sort of covered this a while ago but in a nutshell, when I send a
3 > email to this list, I don't get a copy back. I have a copy in my sent
4 > box but not a copy that comes back from the list. I view this list
5 > threaded so it can confuse me if I forget to copy a message back.
6 > Someone could reply to my message and me not even know it was me they
7 > responded too.
8
9 I know of two 100% sure ways to do this, and one possible way.
10
11 1. Use the web-based interface. My sent emails on this list show up in
12 the thread where they belong. I know, I know. :)
13
14 2. Use IMAP and utilize gmail's labels. For instance, I have a filter
15 set up to apply the "gentoo" label to anything on this list and skip
16 the inbox. In Thunderbird, the "gentoo" label shows up as a folder
17 under my gmail account. All new messages from the list show up there,
18 and my sent mail does as well. When I click that folder in
19 Thunderbird, I can see the threaded view of all messages on this list
20 -- including my own.
21
22 3. If IMAP is not an option and you must use POP, perhaps you can set
23 up a filter on gmail to move your sent mail to the inbox, or set up
24 your e-mail client to BCC yourself on every sent message.
25
26 > On the spam thing, I use POP access so I don't want any spam filtering.
27 > I do that on my end plus I used to get a LOT of false positives. Right
28 > now, I check via web mail and tell it NONE of what it thinks is spam is
29 > actually spam. It may mess up their filters but it is starting to send
30 > them to me so it is working a little at least.
31
32 You can disable spam filtering. Set up a filter to catch all of your
33 e-mail and use the "Never send it to Spam" option. I am on mailing
34 lists that deal with spam and phishing, probably the majority of the
35 messages would go to spam without that feature. On the web interface,
36 it even puts a little note next to the message that says something to
37 the effect of "Gmail thinks this is spam, but because of your filter
38 we've allowed it anyway".
39
40 Good luck :)
41