From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adding fonts in LaTeX (app-text/tetex-3.0_p1-r4)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:35:24
1 On 29 Oct 2007, at 20:07, Liviu Andronic wrote:
2 > This is not a solution in itself, but you might try this.
3 >
4 > ... This is a recent TeX distribution,
5 > compared to the ancient TeTeX one. Check to see if it provides the
6 > fonts you need. If it does, you might attempt to remove TeTeX by
7 > following the correspondent removal guide [2], sync Portage, tweak the
8 > USE flags so as to suit your needs and emerge =texlive-2007.
9 >
10 > ... TeXLive contains more recent
11 > fonts ... and is probably more or less up to date and complete
12 > if you enable the needed USE flags.
13
14 Hi Liviu,
15
16 Thanks for your reply.
17
18 Since the teTeX homepage has for some time carried a "de-support
19 notice" I'm quite happy to upgrade to TeXLive, irrespective of
20 whether the fonts I need are preinstalled. Since teTeX has been
21 unsupported so long I'm glad that TeXLive has finally made it into
22 portage, and it will be a necessary upgrade at some point or another.
23
24 I'll get on the case with this this evening, but in the meantime, any
25 idea how to add fonts to TeXLive, in case I need to?
26
27 Cheers,
28
29 Stroller.