From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cp: cannot stat 'arch/i386/kernel/bzImage': No such file or directory
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 05:46:05
1 quoth the Neil Bothwick:
2 >
3 > Yes I can. I believe it runs lilo is lilo is present, because you need to
4 > re-run lilo when installing a new kernel, but I use GRUB so that's not an
5 > issue. The kernel is copied to vmlinuz-version (or vmlinux-version on
6 > PPC, don't ask me why) and symlinked to vmlinuz. The previous kernel is
7 > symlinked to vmlinuz.old. As long as your GRUB menu has entries for these
8 > two names, you'll always be able to choose between your new and previous
9 > kernel when booting, without even having to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst.
10
11 Great, thanks...
12
13 I'll give it a try next time.
14
15 -d
16 --
17 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
18 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
19 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list