From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get Xorg going on Radeon HD R730 4670
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:34:26
1 On Sunday 07 March 2010 02:21:39 Dale wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Sonntag 07 März 2010, Mick wrote:
4
5 > >> Tomorrow I will have a go at the fglrx. This is doing my head in ...
6 > >
7 > > fglrx won't have any influence on your INPUT DRIVER based problem. After
8 > > emerging the latest xorg-server, did you rebuilt the input drivers?
9
10 Yes (I have rebuilt everything so many times I have lost count).
11
12 > If you did, you may want to disable hal and try it without it.
13
14 I've recompiled xorg-server-1.7.5 without HAL and also the synaptics driver.
15 For good measure I rebuilt all xf76-input and video drivers (although they
16 were not affected by hal).
17
18 It doesn't work, with or without HAL.
19
20 I attach the latest xorg.conf and the Xorg.0.log. Comparing with Knoppix
21 which works nicely, I see that in my logs the lines:
22 ==========================================
23 (II) LoadModule: "ati"
24 (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ati_drv.so
25 (II) Module ati: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
26 compiled for 1.7.4, module version = 6.12.4
27 Module class: X.Org Video Driver
28 ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 6.0
29 ==========================================
30
31 just before load module "radeon" are absent. Could this have something to do
32 with it? Knoppix is running 32bit kernel.
33
34 Also, I noticed that Knoppix picks up additional devices (webcam, etc) under
35 KEYBOARD. Not sure if this relevant, but mine seems to bail out after it
36 detects the Keyboard.
37 --
38 Regards,
39 Mick