From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Stop net.eth0 from starting?
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 14:13:11
1 Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > My question is, is there any way to stop net.eth0 from starting
4 > besides ethtool's preup function?
5
6 If you never want net.eth0 to start, you could of course simply
7 delete /etc/init.d/net.eth0.
8
9 Another way to make net.eth0 NOT start is to modify /etc/conf.d/rc:
10
11 ,----[ /etc/conf.d/rc ]
12 | # Some people want a finer grain over hotplug/coldplug. RC_PLUG_SERVICES is a
13 | # list of services that are matched in order, either allowing or not. By
14 | # default we allow services through as RC_COLDPLUG/RC_HOTPLUG has to be yes
15 | # anyway.
16 | # Example - RC_PLUG_SERVICES="net.wlan !net.*"
17 | # This allows net.wlan and any service not matching net.* to be plugged.
18 |
19 | RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.eth*"
20 `----
21
22 That's what I do at home as well. Works very fine.
23
24 Alexander Skwar
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list