From: Eddie Mihalow Jr <eamjr56@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage issue
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:54:02
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> On Monday 04 February 2008, b.n. wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Alan McKinnon ha scritto:
6 >>>
7 >>>> On Monday 04 February 2008, Mateusz Mierzwinski wrote:
8 >>>>
9 >>>>> Portato is GUI for portage/emerge ;).
10 >>>>>
11 >>>> Ermmmmm, hmmmmmmm, what's a GUI?
12 >>>>
13 >>> Graphical User Interface.
14 >>>
15 >>> Usually compared to a CLI, Command Line Interface.
16 >>>
17 >> I know, I had my tongue very firmly in my cheek when I made that
18 >> post :-)
19 >>
20 >> I can't imagine how one would run portage in a GUI - to me it's very
21 >> much a command line job
26 > Well, I emerged porthole just to see what it looks like. Well, It's
27 > there. I then went to a command line to see what was really going on. O_O
28 >
29 > eix is sort of growing on me tho. I wonder when they will replace it
30 > with something else??
31 >
32 > Dale
33 >
34 > :-) :-)
35 I like Porthole just to look at the big picture, not to install, remove,
36 or anything. It is a
37 great tool to see what you have installed, what you might like to
38 install, and look at the ebuilds.
39 Just another tool.
42 Edward A Mihalow Jr
43 Mudbug Computers and Networks