From: burlingk@×××××××××.mil
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] emerge -f
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 05:54:57
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Dale [mailto:dalek@××××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:26 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -f
8 > burlingk@×××××××××.mil wrote:
9 > > If I use emerge -f on a package, will it fetch that packaged
10 > > dependencies as well?
11 > >
12 > > For instance, if I use 'emerge -f xorg-x11', will it check
13 > the system,
14 <Snip>
15 > >
16 > > ---
17 > > Ken
20 > If you want to make sure you get everything, I would do a
21 > emerge -ef <package>. That should get everything needed for
22 > sure. The "e" stands for emptytree but I always think of it
23 > as everything. If used with the option world it gets
24 > everything needed to recompile the complete system. Example:
25 > emerge -ef world
26 >
27 > Hope that helps.
28 >
29 > Dale
32 So, does the emptytree (-e) option basically tell it that you don't
33 have ANYTHING instlled where it should be? :P
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list