From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] hald won't start
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:07:21
1 Hello!
2
3 Since this morning, I'm unable to start hald. This is in so
4 far a pretty big problem, as this means, that I cannot boot :|
5
6 After setting HALD_VERBOSE=yes in /etc/rc.conf, I found that
7 it filled the syslog with a lot of lines like
8
9 device_info.c:984: Unhandled rule (0)!
10
11 Searching the archive of this list, I found a thread started
12 by Mick on July 14; see eg.
13 http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=11596495&framed=y
14
15 In this thread, Alessandro del Gallo suggested to move files
16 from /etc/udev/rules.d out of the way, to figure out what's
17 exactly causing the issue. I did that, and even when I have
18 *no* files at all in rules.d anymore, I cannot start hald by
19 running "/usr/sbin/hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes".
20
21 >From what other sources is hald fetching rules? Ie. what
22 other file/directory might I need to empty?
23
24 Thanks,
25 Alexander
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list