From: Simon Kellett <zoxed_c@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: X USE flag - what does it do?
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:52:29
1 Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> writes:
2
3 > build R ] media-video/vlc-0.8.4a USE="alsa arts cdda dvd esd ffmpeg matroska mp3 mpeg nls nsplugin ogg real vlm vorbis win32codecs wxwindows
4 > xml2 xv -3dfx -X -a52 -aac -aalib -avahi -bidi -corba -daap -debug -dts -dvb -fbcon -flac -ggi -gnutls -hal -httpd -joystick -libcaca -lirc -live -mod
5 > -ncurses -opengl -oss -png -samba -screen -sdl -shout -skins -speex -stream -svg -svga -theora -truetype -v4l -vcd -xinerama -xosd" 0 kB
6 >
7 > As you can see, I built vlc with USE=-X. What am I
8 > now missing? When I startup vlc, I still have a X
9 > GUI.
10
11 Sorry: I can not answer your question, but there is an error in your
12 reasoning (I think). I assume the output above is from emerge -pv ? If
13 so then I think it is NOT showing you the flags that *were* used to
14 emerge the package, but the flags that *will* be used if you do a new
15 (re)emerge. This will be different, for example, if you changed
16 something in /etc/portage, or set flags on the command line for the
17 previous emerge.
20 Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
21 Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list