From: Sascha Cunz <sascha-ml@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Output of sensor "k10temp-pci-00c3"
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 11:59:17
1 In the recent thread "system freezes during compiles", Carlos Henderson showed
2 the output of $(sensors), among them the output of the k10temp-pci-00c3.
3
4 I stopped trusting that sensor. After some hours of idle, it shows me:
5
6 k10temp-pci-00c3
7 Adapter: PCI adapter
8 temp1: +16.8°C (high = +70.0°C)
9 (crit = +70.0°C, hyst = +67.0°C)
10
11 16.8°C is roughly 4°C _below_ the room temperature. If I'd boot to Windows
12 right now, the mainboard-manufacturer's system utility shows a CPU temperature
13 of 25°C (which is more or less the usual value it shows for Windows when
14 idle).
15
16 My CPU is:
17
18 processor : 5
19 vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
20 cpu family : 21
21 model : 1
22 model name : AMD FX(tm)-6200 Six-Core Processor
23 stepping : 2
24 microcode : 0x6000626
25
26 running on an Asrock mainboard (Kernel is a gentoo-3.8.1-r1).
27
28 My question to the list is: Could this strange temperature be realistic? Does
29 anyone have similar observations with AMD-Bulldozers?
30
31 Sascha