From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem using genkernel
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:01:49
1 Waldemar Tribus wrote:
2 > Hallo all,
3 >
4 > i am trying to migrate from 2.4 to 2.6.
5 > i wasn't using genkernel with 2.4, now i want to start use it.
6 >
7 > I am calling genkernel like
8 > genkernel --menuconfig --bootloader=grub all
9 >
10 > years later it says: * Adding kernel to /boot/grub/grub.conf...
11 >
12 > but all i see is that my old grub.conf gets moved to grub.conf.bak and the new one
13 > contains nothing:
14 >
15 > tribus grub # cat /boot/grub/grub.conf
16 > tribus grub #
19 > I tried to find some bug in gentoo bugzilla but didn't found anything
20 > related (may be i am wrong too, not sure)
21 >
22 > any suggestions how to track the problem down?
25 I've never thought to use the --bootloader=grub option because I've always want wanted to edit grub.conf myself. Are there any clues in /var/log/genkernel.log? What version of genkernel is it?
26
27 Zac
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list