From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] using vixie-cron and anacron together
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 18:16:56
1 I have used vixie-cron and anacron together for years. I put the
2 scripts for anacron in /etc/anacron.{daily, weekly, monthly}
3 so they were separate from the cron scripts in
4 /etc/cron.{daily, weekly, monthly} (hourly irrelevant for this)
5
6 [[ actually I was even more nonstandard and put them in
7 /local/etc/anacron-{...} but that is another story ]]
8
9 I want to be more standard with a new installation so I am following the
10 anacron documentation and putting the anacron scripts in
11 /etc/cron.{daily, weekly, monthly}.
12
13 I am then supposed to "comment [these] jobs out of their crontab files"
14
15 Am I correct that I comment out cron.daily by commenting out the line
16
17 9 3 * * * root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.daily
18
19 from /etc/crontab. I think this "has to work" but the code in
20 /usr/sbin/run-crons is a little tricky and I want to be sure.
21
22 thanks,
23 allan