From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing names of LOTS of files, adding to them actually.
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 15:31:25
1 On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 04:42:04AM -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> Basically, I need to add the name of the show to the name of the file. They will all be added to the front of the names. They also almost all contain spaces, which means some fancy footwork with the \.
4 > > I see you've renamed your files already, but as a reference answer:
5 > >
6 > > `rename` from sys-apps/util-linux is ok.
7 > >
8 > > Set $EDITOR to vi, and renaming TV shows becomes quick and easy.
9
10 > vi? O_O Would nano not work? I got stuck in vi once. I felt like I
11 > was in Hotel California. :/ Got that tune in your head now huh? lol
12
13 I used to get stuck in vi, but at some point I asked a friend to give me a
14 proper introduction and now I can’t live without it anymore. Things like block
15 select (very useful for renaming files in qmv), redo last action and registers
16 are a bummer.
17 --
18 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
19 I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.
20
21 „Afrika hat an allen vier Ecken eine rundliche Gestalt,
22 die sich gegen die Mitte verengt.“ – Galletti