From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups is broken
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:32:40
1 On Sunday 26 February 2006 09:40, a tiny voice compelled John Blinka to write:
2 > Ernie Schroder wrote:
3 > >The only thing I can figure is that cups was compiled with some odd USE
4 > > flag. Do you have an entry for cups in /etc/portage/package.use?
5 >
6 > No, don't even have that file. My USE flags in /etc/make.conf
7 > are:
8 >
9 > USE="-pdflib -get -gnome qt kde dvd alsa oss cdr fortran cups foomaticdb
10 > ppds gimpprint java samba win32codecs xprint"
11 >
12 > John
13 Compare USE flage in make.conf on working vs. non-working machines.
14
15 check use flags when you merged cups....
16
17 # equery uses cups
18 [ Searching for packages matching cups... ]
19 [ Colour Code : set unset ]
20 [ Legend : Left column (U) - USE flags from
21 make.conf ]
22 [ : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed
23 with ]
24 [ Found these USE variables for net-print/cups-1.1.23-r7 ]
25 U I
26 - - cjk : Adds support for Multi-byte character languages (Chinese,
27 Japanese, Korean)
28 - - gnutls : Adds support for net-libs/gnutls
29 + + nls : Adds Native Language Support (using gettext - GNU locale
30 utilities)
31 + + pam : Adds support PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) - DANGEROUS
32 to arbitrarily flip
33 + + samba : Adds support for SAMBA (Windows File and Printer sharing)
34 - - slp : Adds Service Locator Protocol support to CUPS
35 + + ssl : Adds support for Secure Socket Layer connections
36 --
37 Regards, Ernie
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list