From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is cups crap?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:03:12
1 On Wednesday 19 April 2006 23.29, Mick wrote:
2 > On 19/04/06, Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Shouldn't be that difficult. For example to print from Desktop2 to
4 > > printer on Desktop1 go to your Print Manager on Desktop2 and add
5 > > printer:
6 > > Printer Type: IPP Printer
7 > > URI:
8 > > ipp://IP_address_of_desktop1:631/printers/Your_printer_name_on_desktop1
9 > >
10 > > That should be it I think.
11
12 Did not seem possible... but I'll take a second look
15 > Also, don't forget to configure the firewall to allow access to the
16 > respective boxen. It may be that you eventually configure CUPS
17 > correctly and then your firewall blocks it. Best to switch it off if
18 > in doubt during your trials.
19 > --
20 > Regards,
21 > Mick
22
23 I have no firewalls - the network has a firewall on the router/gateway so no
24 computer runs a software firewall.
25
26 Thierry
29 Stupidity is like a fractal; universal and infinitely repetitive.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list