From: "Серега Филатов" <raxp.worm202@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] GRUB2 EFI conditional boot
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:53:37
1 I use dual boot windows/gentoo configuration on a UEFI laptop. I don't usually
2 turn off laptop and just close the lid, leaving it in suspended state, which is
3 actually hybrid on both systems - it goes to hibernation after a while.
4
5 When it goes to hibernation, I'm able to select OS to boot through GRUB2.
6 This is not good, because I have permanently mounted shared NTFS partition on
7 both systems. If one of both OS is hibernated and NTFS data changed during that
8 period - this leads to data corruption if the hibernated OS resumed.
9
10 What I want to achieve is: when I start my laptop - it boots straight to the
11 last operating system I used. This will enforce me to reboot and during the
12 reboot OS unmounts filesystem correctly. And ONLY on reboot the GRUB OS
13 selection pops up.
14
15 Is there a configuration for that? I know that Windows BCD or ntldr doesn't
16 allow to boot other Windows systems if one of them is hibernated.
19 Sergey Filatov (raxp)
20 Telegram: @raxpyraxp