From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems emerge --sync'ing
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 06:42:21
1 This is a really weird error that's just started affecting me recently.
2 rsync processes (such as emerge --sync) will be mysteriously killed during
3 a short period of time after they after received the file list for
4 transfers. This happens with both emerge --sync, emerge-webrsync, and a
5 manual rsync against the gentoo mirrors. Anyone know a why to resotre the
6 correct rsync behavior?
9 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
10 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
11 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
12 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list