From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] browser,news,mail
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:49:22
1 I just found some docs on this that say "Large organizations that require an
2 integrated suite (past Netscape Communicator users) should consider moving
3 towards Mozilla 1.7. All others should consider upgrading to Firefox and
4 Thunderbird."
5
6 So, I guess the question becomes, can I unmerge Mozilla and emerge Firefox
7 and Thunderbird? Or do they need to see Mozilla libs somewhere, since
8 they're offered by the same org?
9
10 Thanks for the input.
11
12 John D
13
14 -----Original Message-----
15 From: John Dangler [mailto:jdangler@××××××××.net]
16 Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2005 1:33 PM
17 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
18 Subject: [gentoo-user] browser,news,mail
19
20 I've just completed setting up x server and gnome (why gnome - I'm a relic
21 of *nix and Motif and gnome sort of reminds me of the older look and feel).
22 gnome installs mozilla by default, which has browsing, news, and mail. How
23 does this stack up against Firefox? I've seen a lot of press about using
24 one or the other, but I'm trying to get a feel for why. Is one better
25 suited to Gentoo than the other?
26 (This particular box is used primarily for business apps and remote
27 webserver/site tweaking when needed).
28
29 Thanks for the input.
30
31 John D