From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where is GNOME_MixerAapplet
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:29:55
1 Allan Gottlieb schreef:
2 > The key seems to be having gstreamer in the USE variable.
3 >
4 > At Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:58:02 -0500 LostSon <lostson@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
7 >> I had this problem as well and i re-emerged gnome-panel and it went
8 >>away.
11 >>On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 14:16 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
12 >>
13 >>>I just installed a new stage1 gentoo with gnome-2.10.
14 >>>
15 >>>It keeps complaining that
16 >>>
17 >>> The panel encountered a problem while loading
18 >>> "OAFIID:GNOME_MixerApplet".
19
20 In that case, make sure to run
21
22 gstreamer-properties
23
24 to make sure the gstreamer backend is properly configured. I did try to
25 work with gstreamer, but the only thing that uses it --Totem-- really
26 worked much better with the xine backend, so I switched Totem to that
27 (recompile; if you compile it -xine it uses gstreamer; if +xine it uses
28 xine) and didn't think about gstreamer much more after that, so I can't
29 say more about its inner workings.
30
31 Holly
32 --