From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: how to force libxcb version below 1.4 when re-installing X (was: [gentoo-user] my xorg-server 1.6 seems a bit unstable - what am I doing wrong?)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 07:24:16
In Reply to: Re: how to force libxcb version below 1.4 when re-installing X (was: [gentoo-user] my xorg-server 1.6 seems a bit unstable - what am I doing wrong?) by Denis
1 On 14 Oct, Denis wrote:
2 .....
3 > proprietary software I am currently running. I would much rather
4 > upgrade Mathematica, but that is not an option for me at this time.
5 > Thankfully, I was able to remove X and reinstall it based on the
6 > previous versions of the libraries.... I don't yet know whether this
7 > resolved my Mathematica issue - I will test tomorrow. But I will
8 > investigate the install script for Mathematica and see what it does.
9
10 Ask the vendor of Mathematica for support. If they're not willing/able
11 to help you, consider switching to Maple. It runs just fine on a
12 bleeding edge Gentoo system.
13
14 Helmut.
17 Helmut Jarausch