From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dvdrip: significant frame loss during rip
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:07:48
1 I am using dvdrip. Every time out of three titles I have tried so far, the
2 ripping phase always gives an error at the end, such as:
3
4 "It seems that transcode ripping stopped short. The movie has 187351 frames,
5 but only 152564 were ripped. This is most likely a problem with your
6 transcode/libdvdread installation, resp. a problem with this specific DVD."
7
8 This number varies per title, but it's the same every time on a given title.
9 Curiously, the VOB files it comes up with after the rip certainly have the
10 full movie. But after transcoding, a few chapters are always missing. This
11 always starts at one chapter, and ends at the end of a slightly later
12 chapter.
13
14 None of this makes sense to me. I have tried on multiple systems, and the same
15 thing happens. No errors in dmesg or other system logs. I am out of ideas,
16 and hoping you folks have some ideas....
17 --
18 "When you walk across the fields with your mind pure and holy, then from
19 all the stones, and all growing things, and all animals, the sparks of
20 their soul come out and cling to you. And then they are purified, and
21 become a holy fire in you." -- Ancient Hasidic Saying
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list