From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ATI X800 - no opengl + logout problem
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:26:51
1 Radosław Grzanka <radekg <at> tygrysek.hopto.org> writes:
4 > >> I am struggling with ati-drivers for ATI X800 card. I have followed
5 > >> every HOWTO I could find through google but still no luck. The video
6 > >> card I have is ATI X800 GTO. Here goes relevant lspci output:
7
8 > Actually I cannot find R480 chipset there, nor X800 GTO, so either I'm
9 > missing something or nobody added this card to the list.
12 Hello Radosław,
13
14 From: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Video_Card_Support_Under_XGL#ATI_Cards
15
16 <snip>
17 * Radeon X800
18 o Chipset: R420 JK
19 o Driver: ati-drivers-8.22.5
20 o Notes: OpenGL windows render black, mplayer and xscreensaver crash X
21
22 * Radeon x800 Pro
23 o Chipset: R420 JI
24 o Driver: ati-drivers-8.26.18
25 o Notes: Works perfectly, no problems found at all.
26
27 * Radeon X800 XT
28 o Chipset: R420 JK
29 o Driver: 8.27.10-r1
30 o Notes: Works perfectly on x86_64 AMD64
31
32 * Radeon X800 XL
33 o Chipset: R430 554D
34 o Driver: ati-drivers-8.25.18
35 o Notes: Works perfectly on x86_64 AMD64
36
37 * Radeon X850 Pro
38
39 Looks like the same card to me..... Chips numbers may be different,
40 so it's hard to tell if there is/isnot an exact match. Often chips
41 numers just indicate trivial differences like the amount of
42 internal cache, MHz speeds of busses/processes etc etc.
43
44 I did not see it in the section where video cards that are know to
45 not work.....
48 hth,
49
50 James