From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [OT] Progress bar for cp? (was:[gentoo-user] PATH error?)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:05:39
1 On Monday 20 November 2006 19:30, Ryan Tandy wrote:
2 > Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
3 > > Remove your alias for cp, "graphical" mode (-g) is no longer available.
4 >
5 > Which reminds me: now that -g is gone, is there any switch to cp to make
6 > it display a progress bar? Any other (simple) way of getting a progress
7 > bar for large files?
8
9 I was trying to remember what -g stood for and just confirmed my suspicion why
10 a progress bar is no longer being displayed. What's the current equivalent
11 (why was -g taken out)?
14 Regards,
15 Mick