From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dell XPS M1710 and Sound
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:42:47
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I'm having a heck of a time getting sound to work on my Dell XPS M1710.
4
5 A while back, when I was first setting the laptop of with Gentoo, C. Lee
6 Davis sent me a link on how he configured his system with Alsa. Well, I
7 followed that both with Alsa compiled into the kernel and using
8 alsa-driver. I've googled this and didn't come up with anything that
9 was similar to my problem. dmesg shows no errors. Sound is not muted.
10
11 On my *desktop* system, Alsa works fine - different sound chipset. The
12 *laptop* soundcard is an hda-intel.
13
14 On my *desktop*, KMix shows the following items for output:
15
16 Master
17 Master Mono
18 Headphone
19 3D-Control-Center
20 3D-Control-Depth
21 PCM
22 PC Speaker
25 On the *laptop*, Kmix shows only the following items for output:
26 Master
27 PCM
28 Capture Mux
29
30 On the laptop, Kmix shows only Mic as Input
31
32 If anyone can lead me by the nose, here, I would certainly appreciate it.
33
34 Regards,
35
36 Colleen