From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Reinstall
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 20:34:53
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
3 > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 11:35 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reinstall
6 >
7 > On Wed, 11 May 2022 16:45:31 +0000, Laurence Perkins wrote:
8 >
9 > > Alternatively, fully update the system before putting in your world
10 > > file, and then instead of copying in the world file all at once just
11 > > run a loop to emerge the lines in it one at a time.
12 >
13 > Now you mention it, that's what I did last time, although my loop emerge ten lines at a time to cut down on the number of dependency recalculations.
14 >
15 Well, and have it check the exit status and spit any lines that fail into another file to try again later. Then shuffle the new file so the bad ones move around, or do the second pass one at a time.
16
17 LMP