From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which desktop antivirus?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:31:35
1 On Sunday 30 Oct 2011 13:32:26 James Broadhead wrote:
2 > I'm surprised that no one has mentioned rkhunter yet - loads of lib
3 > exploits allow system access, and there's a pretty solid argument that says
4 > that compromising a user account on the average *nix system allows enough
5 > resourses to do a lot of malicious activity without even needing privilege
6 > escalation.
7
8 I have ...
9
10 All I use on my boxen is chkrootkit and rkhunter.
11
12 rkhunter-1.3.8 is currently giving me false positives:
13 ======================
14 File properties checks...
15 Required commands check failed
16 Files checked: 138
17 Suspect files: 1
18
19 Rootkit checks...
20 Rootkits checked : 245
21 Possible rootkits: 2
22 Rootkit names : Xzibit Rootkit, Knark Rootkit
23
24 Applications checks...
25 Applications checked: 3
26 Suspect applications: 0
28
29 This is known and I believe fixed in later versions.
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick