From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and Ephiphany hang at a certain directory
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 04:57:56
1 On Thursday 03 September 2009 11:48:40 Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > It has just happened in the last day that whenever I try to navigate to a
3 > certain subdirectory of my home directory, in order to attach a file to an
4 > email in gmail, firefox hangs. I have tried a few experiments, with no
5 > success. This is also no ordinary directory---it has been under git
6 > control for several months.
7 >
8 > With any file manager this directory is accessible. With Konqueror, it is
9 > likewise accessible. Only with Firefox and Epiphany, as far as I can tell,
10 > is this happening.
11
12 Lets eliminate the obvious first - move your existing mozilla profile out of
13 the way and try again. Does the problem persist?
16 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com