From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Last rites: app-text/xpdf
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 18:44:54
1 Am 28.01.2012 19:06, schrieb Mick:
2 > On Saturday 28 Jan 2012 10:51:23 Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
3 >> 2012/1/28 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
4 >>> On Saturday 28 Jan 2012 10:03:42 Philip Webb wrote:
5 >> ...
6 >>
7 >>> another application (e.g. a browser) but unlike xpdf I have not found a
8 >>> way of saving a file once opened without having to redownload it with
9 >>> the browser.
10 >>
11 >> I'd look into /tmp, it'll probably be there.
12 >
13 > It used to be the case that FF would drop temporary downloads in /tmp, but I
14 > can't find them in there any more. This is of particular interest for some
15 > flash videos which after I watched them I decide to save them, but can't find
16 > them anywhere. Ditto with Chromium, not idea where it saves such temporary
17 > files.
20 AFAIK, that's adobe-flash's doing, not firefox/chromium. PDFs and other
21 files downloaded with the "open"-action in Firefox still get dumped into
22 /tmp.
23
24 Regards,
25 Florian Philipp