From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about genkernel's default kernel config
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 20:30:10
1 On August 14, 2016 8:55:32 PM GMT+02:00, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 11:48:08 -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >
4 >> Don't you still need genkernel if you want to build an initramfs?
5 >
6 >No, dracut.
7 >
8 >> The handbook (amd64) seems to imply you do, and I don't know of an
9 >easy
10 >> way to build an initramfs just with the bare kernel source.
11 >
12 >Dracut.
13
14 Dracut if you just want something quick and easy.
15 If you want something small and reliable, build your own.
18 Joost
19 --
20 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.