From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 09:55:18
1 On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 06:57:39 +0000 (UTC), Martin Vaeth wrote:
2
3 > Your whining in many postings becomes meanwhile unbearable.
4 > Just face the facts:
5 > Unless somebody comes up with an ingenious new idea there are
6 > essentially only 3 possibilities:
7 >
8 > 1. One gives names in order of detection.
9 >
10 > 2. One binds the name to the card.
11 >
12 > 3. One binds the name to general attributes
13 > (e.g. card type, slot type, ...)
14 >
15 > 4. One binds the name to the slot.
16
17 While your argument is well reasoned and convincing, your arithmetic is
18 somewhat suspect ;-)
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 I am in total control, but don't tell my wife.