From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:49:14
1 Am Sonntag, 18. März 2012, 08:01:59 schrieb Bruce Hill, Jr.:
2 > On March 18, 2012 at 3:54 AM Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > >> I recall reading on this list a week or two ago that kernel
4 > > >> autoassembly of 0.90 arrays was deprecated. :(
5 > > >>
6 > > >> --
7 > > >>
8 > > >> :wq
9 > > >
10 > > > Works on my computers.
11 > >
12 > > And mine. But 'deprecated' means 'this may go away in the future'.
13 >
14 > My question ... who says it's deprecated and why?
15
16 the kernel devs because the kernel might get it wrong and for some reason they
17 think that this is worse then mdadm getting it wrong. Which is of course
18 bullshit because either way you are f*cked.
21 > --
22 >
23 > Happy Penguin Computers >`)
24 > 126 Fenco Drive ( \
25 > Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
26 > 662-269-2706; 662-491-8613
27 > support at happypenguincomputers dot com
28 > http://www.happypenguincomputers.com
29 --
30 #163933