From: Alexander Meinke <ameinke@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chroot problem
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 20:10:16
1 Wolf Canis wrote:
2 >> # mount -tproc proc /mnt/rescue/proc
3 >> # mount -obind /dev /mnt/rescue/dev
4 >
5 > Ooops, I overlooked your cd command. Therefore the
6 > mount command is of course correct. :-[
7
8 Hi,
9
10 I think this is, although the 'cd' command is executed, necessary as the mount
11 command looks at /etc/fstab and if e.g. 'proc' is specified at command line
12 mount uses information from fstab.
13 However, I think this problem is whether mount nor bash related. Try
14
15 # mount -tproc proc /mnt/rescue/proc
16 # mount -obind /dev /mnt/rescue/dev
17 # chroot /mnt/rescue /bin/bash
18
19 Especially check the permissions of /mnt/rescue/bin/bash and /bin/bash. They
20 should be at least 0755. In case of there are several permission problems last
21 time on my system ('up-to-date-system', no ~*) rebuild the package that include
22 'chroot' so that right permissions are set for the program and its libs.
23
24 I hope this helps in any way and excuse me for that bad English.
27 Regards,
28
29 acm.