From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [konsole] How to run a command, then leave the shell open?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:44:45
1 On Tuesday 21 Feb 2012 18:03:35 Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2 > How can I combine these two? I would like konsole to run emerge --sync
3 > and then leave a prompt open. Just like what would happen if I did it
4 > all manually. Any ideas?
5 >
6 > Cheers,
7 > Hilco
8
9 Ok theres probably a better way to do this, but heres goes.
10
11 create a bash script with what you want to run ie (emerge --sync).
12
13 now start konsole with konsole with
14 konsole -e /bin/bash --rcfile <path to script>.
15
16 alternativly you can create a new konsole profile and add that to the command
17 section and use that profile for this.
21 - Yohan Pereira
22
23 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
24 between a mermaid and a seal.
25 -- Mark Twain