From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Floppy support question for old farts. lol
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:54:01
1 David Relson wrote:
2 >
3 >> My earliest "new and shiny" then would be a honkin' big desktop
4 >> horizontal all-steel box, with a "Turbo" switch that toggles a
5 >> front-panel (7-segment LED) display between "4.77" and "8.00"
6 >>
7 >> And of floppies that really *are* floppy (5.25")...
8 >>
9 >> And of copy-protected diskettes and CopyIIpc and CopyWrite...
10 >>
11 >> As you can see, I have a severely traumatic childhood...
12 >>
13 >> Rgds,
14 >
15 > You mean those small floppies? Remember the big 8 inchers?
16 >
17 > In the early days, putting a computer together took more than a screw
18 > driver. Remember soldering irons and PC board kits with discrete
19 > components? I do believe I still have an S-100 bus machine in my attic.
20 >
21 > Regards,
22 >
23 > David
28 I still have my breedboard. You know, the thing you run the traces with
29 wires with. Heck, I got a couple small ones that still have circuits on
30 them. One is a temp circuit that turns a fan on when it gets above a
31 certain temp.
32
33 I think my pump controller is still out there too. We used to have well
34 water out here. It was nasty so we had a HUGE filter. I'm talking
35 truck size filter. It held about 2,000 gallons of water if you take out
36 for the filter media.
37
38 Dang, that has been a while back there.
39
40 Dale
41
45 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
46 how you interpreted my words!
47
48 Miss the compile output? Hint:
49 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"