From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple Linux Router on a live CD?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:47:04
1 On Wednesday 21 February 2007 17:36:28 Peter Lewis wrote:
2 > > GIGO applies here as much as
3 > > anywhere else.
4 >
5 > Too true. I wouldn't want to encourage the asking of [stupid] questions!
6 >
7 > So, and I ask this as an honest question, is it generally accepted that the
8 > level of technical knowledge expected on this list is higher than, say, on
9 > the forums? Or the IRC channels?
10
11 From the OPs, no. Any newcomers with zero knowledge are welcome to ask
12 questions on this list. It's just a matter of trying to use provide useful
13 info, trying to apply common sense, being responsive and trying to learn from
14 the answers. I'm fairly sure most people on this list regard it as a very
15 tolerant list.
18 Bo Andresen