From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Weirdness Here
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:37:06
1 Hi Guys,
2
3 Something weird is going on with my system. I have been trying to
4 upgrade the kernel, but no matter what I select, I can't seem to get the
5 sata drive on my laptop recognized. So, I've been sticking to a kernel
6 that works. That is just a lead-in to the situation.
7
8 Today, I wanted to check /boot to make sure that I had removed residual
9 files from my last failed kernel upgrade. First, let me say that my
10 system boots fine into the kernel that I have been using successfully -
11 i.e. everything happens as expected when I boot. However, in /boot, all
12 I have is a symlink that says that boot is a link to . (dot). I don't
13 see any grub directory or any of the files that should be there. What
14 gives? This is making me a little antsy! Any suggestions as to what is
15 going on? Any ideas how to solve the situation?
16
17 Regards,
18
19 Colleen