From: "Johan Blåbäck" <johan.bluecreek@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Segfaulting cryptsetup in init
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:51:19
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Johan Blåbäck wrote:
5 > Johan Blåbäck wrote:
6 >> hi,
7 >
8 >> I'm setting up this old computer of mine and why not encrypt it. I have
9 >> done this on several computers before, but never have I gotten these
10 >> kind of errors.
11 >
12 >> When booting, cryptsetup segfaults. I can find no obvious reason why, I
13 >> have tried to recompile cryptsetup using different arch, but still the
14 >> same. It is build statically, USE=-dynamic is set and ldd just says "no
15 >> dynamic executable". But when trying to debug I copied the cryptsetup,
16 >> that is not working in the init, to a usb-device and tried to decrypt my
17 >> disk using a livecd, and this went fine.
18 >
19 >> So to summarize:
20 >> init - cryptsetup segfaults
21 >> in livecd env - cryptsetup ok
22 >> in gentoo system - cryptsetup ok
23 >
24 >> the other programs in the init seems to run as they should; busybox and lvm.
25 >
26 >> Any ideas on how to continue debugging or is there someone with the answer?
30 > hi again,
31 >
32 > Still got a segfault :-/
33 > The things I have tried more is to recompile cryptsetup and used that
34 > for init, but no change. Compiled in all crypto algorithms, no change.
35 > I'm not that good with all the options in the kernel. If anyone know of
36 > which kernel options that could affect cryptsetup in this way?
37 >
38 > Any ideas anyone?
39 > (thx for the help sofar)
42 I had noticed this problem w/ my laptop where some usbdevices dont show
43 up until a few seconds later than when the init is running. So I added a
44 'sleep 10' to the init, and what I got was
45
46 - - 10 s sleep
47 - - during these I get a messege: sda: sda1 sda2 (this is the bootable
48 usb-key)
49 - - cryptsetup segfaults
50 - - ls -l /dev/sd* gives 'ls: /dev/sd*: No such file or directory'
51 - - ls -l DEv/hd* gives '/dev/hda1'
52
53 How is this possible? Shouldn't it show sda, sda1 and sda2 together with
54 hda and hda1? Why are these missing?
57 - --
58 For security reasons, all text in this mail is double-rot13 encrypted.